Here is the 1kg bread that I often make.
It is rich and moist, and is made with no sugar or yeast preservatives like you would expect of a proper bread.
I estimated amounts, as i normally measure ingredients by eye.
- 1 cup kibbled soy or soy grits
- 1/4 cup oil (olive or canola)
- 1 table spoon crushed garlic (optional)
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds (or sonneblom seed)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 spoon salt
- 2 cups water
Soak above ingredients in your bread mixer for about 2 hours or more.
- 3.5 cups (white) wheat flour
- three tea spoons crushed fresh yeast, depending on whether you want the bread fluffy or solid (If the fresh yeast is very moist, kneed it into a bit of the flour)
Put on cycle for normal or french bread. You want the bread dough moist but not wet, otherwise the bread will rise too fast and collapse. For the first number of times you do this recipe, check on your bread maker after it has been mixing for 10 minutes or so – if it is too wet (sticky to a spoon or hand), add a bit of flour.